Have a Question?
San Antonio Campus Updates
- Renovation is entering its final stages and should be complete by Sunday, March 5.
- The library is tentatively scheduled to be closed on Monday, February 27 as it will be moving to its new home on the 3rd floor. The Librarian will send out a reminder email once the date is finalized. We are excited to split the student resource center and the library in efforts to provide both quiet and group study areas. The Academic Success Liaisons and the Student Resource Coordinator’s offices will remain on the 8th floor.
- Remember if you are having difficulty with non-academic issues, please see Ms. Nicole Menton, Student Resource Coordinator, on the 8th floor. She can be reached via email at email@example.com or at (210) 485-2240.
- Please welcome Nicole Menton, a licensed social worker, to the Galen team. Mrs. Menton is here to help navigate social barriers to your success. If you are having difficulty with issues that are non-academic, please make an appointment to see Mrs. Menton who will work with you to identify community resources. Mrs. Menton can be contacted via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Her office is located in the library on the 8th floor.
- GSNA is sponsoring a food drive for the San Antonio food bank. Collection boxes are located in the student lounges through November 21.
- GSNA will begin a hygiene product drive for Seton Home that will run until December 16. Again donations can be made in the student lounges.
- GSNA will host an Arts & Craft hour from 4:30 – 5:30 on November 30 to make cards for residents of local long term care nursing facilities.
- Refrigerators located in the student lounges will be cleaned out weekly: Brownwood Thursdays at 4:00 pm and OTC Fridays at 2:00 pm. Any items unmarked or out dated will be removed. Please do not leave any food on the counters as it attracts unwanted pests.
- Be sure to update any CPR cards or immunizations close to expiration. To attend clinical your CPR and immunizations must be up to date an uploaded to verified credentials. Reach out to your student support specialist or clinical coordinator for questions.
- Thank you so much for your patience while we work to give students, staff, and faculty more space! Phase 2 and 3 of construction are underway. The goal is to have all construction wrapped up by start of the spring 2017 term.
- Thanksgiving Day baskets are back! If you find yourself in need of help for Thanksgiving, please reach out to Mrs. Nicole Menton (email@example.com) or James Garcia (firstname.lastname@example.org). More information will be sent to students via email soon.
- There is a limited supply of white Galen clinical uniforms available for purchase. These are $10/set or $5/piece.
- Please welcome Dr. Deborah Marshall as the new ADN Academic Success Liaison! ADN students in need of additional support should reach out to Dr. Marshall. She can be contacted by:
- Phone: (210) 485-2236
- Email: email@example.com
- Office: Library on the 8th floor.
- Ice makers will be installed in the 8th and 2nd floor lounges on Wednesday, February 10.
- Remember: all holds and immunizations must be cleared prior to registration!
- Make plans to attend the Career Fair on Wednesday, February 10. The Career Fair will start at 11:30 am CT on the 6th floor. Twenty-five (25) employers will be on our campus!
- Students with questions regarding ADA 504 accommodations should contact Carol Bierly-Stevens in the Library at (210) 249-2478.
- A 2nd refrigerator has been purchased per the request of the Student Advisory Group.
- An ad-hoc committee has been formed to discuss student concerns regarding dress code and scrubs.
- New clinical uniforms will be available January 2016.
- Student orientation is being reconstructed to place a greater focus on student readiness, and workshops have been added by the Academic Success Liaison to increase access to resources in all quarters.
- End of Course Evaluations are reviewed to identify trends within faculty performance. Structured classroom observations have been created to address any trends identified upon review.
- Per the request of students, the Director of Simulation and Clinical Learning Labs has increased use of the simulation labs and plans are being made to permanently increase use in future quarters.