Galen hosts a variety of employer visits for current students and graduates to advance their career in nursing. Healthcare industry representatives regularly visit campus for the opportunity to meet personally with our students. We also provide additional job placement assistance, such as job interview tips and help with résumé writing.
Galen graduates are well-respected in their communities. Local employers continue to provide positive feedback about our graduates throughout their nursing careers, many of whom have been hired by some of the leading employers in their communities. While placement is not guaranteed, assistance is made available to you as requested.
Nursing is more than a career; it’s a calling. We understand this, and work to fulfill our students’ needs on both levels.
Here is a list of top 20 institutions in our community where our students are currently pursuing their career in nursing:
- Kentucky One Health (Frazier Rehab Institute, Our Lady of Peace, Jewish Hospital, Sts. Mary & Elizabeth Hospital, University Hospital)
- Kindred Hospitals & Nursing and Rehab (Louisville, Jewish, Greenwood, Bashford, Harrison, Indian Creek, Rolling Hills, Sellersburg, Wedgewood)
- Norton Healthcare (Kosair Children's Hospital, Norton Hospital, Norton Audubon Hospital, Norton Brownsboro Hospital, Norton Suburban Hospital)
- Baptist Health (Baptist Health Louisville, Baptist Health LaGrange)
- Elmcroft Senior Living Communities (Colonial, Jefferson Manor, Jefferson Place, Meadowview, North Hardin, Oaklawn, Rockford, Valley Farms)
- Signature HealthCARE (Bluegrass, Glenview, East Louisville, South Louisville, Spencer County, Sunrise Manor, Trimble County)
- Floyd Memorial Hospital
- Clark Memorial Hospital
- Golden Living Centers (Camelot, Hillcreek Manor, Mt. Holly, St. Matthews)
- Trilogy Health Services (Autumn Woods, Covered Bridge, Franciscan, Glen Ridge, Park Terrace)
- Masonic Home (Louisville, Shelbyville)
- The Brook Hospitals (Dupont, KMI)
- Hazelwood Center
- Correct Care Integrated Health
- Home of the Innocents
- The Kidz Club
- The Richwood
- The Forum at Brookside
- Presbyterian Homes of Louisville
- Episcopal Church Home
GAINFUL EMPLOYMENT DISCLOSURE
For more information about our graduation rates, median debt of students who completed our programs, and other important information, please click here.