The Online RN to BSN degree program is designed for the licensed registered nurse (RN)* to complete the baccalaureate degree. The following requirements for admission to this BSN degree program must be met:
- Graduate of an associate degree or diploma program
- Current, unrestricted license* to practice as a registered nurse (RN) in the US
- Minimum overall grade point average of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale in RN program
- Submission of official transcripts for all previous college coursework
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English
*Applicants may be granted conditional acceptance into the Online RN to BSN program at Galen's discretion. Students admitted with a conditional status must maintain satisfactory standing (a grade of 'C' or above and a cumulative GPA of 2.0) or may be subject to dismissal. Students will gain full acceptance upon obtaining RN licensure.
Because distance education authorization requirements vary by state, the program may not be available in all states. In order to enroll and continue enrollment in the program, students in the Online RN to BSN program must remain a resident of a state in which Galen has all necessary approvals. Please contact our Admissions team for questions related to your specific state.
TRANSFER EVALUATION SYSTEM (TES®)
Premier interactive database of course data from institutions of higher education
In the evaluation of transfer credit, Galen utilizes TES®, the Transfer Evaluation System from CollegeSource which is the premier interactive database of course data from institutions of higher education to track and display previously approved courses for transfer. The equivalencies shown are for information purposes only and are subject to change due to changes in curriculum. Galen does not transfer in developmental, pre-licensure, or nursing courses taken prior to achieving an RN license.
If you have college credit that you would like to compare to this listing, you can go here and follow instructions. If an equivalency is not listed, please contact one of our enrollment representatives at 844-848-7040. They'd be happy to take a look and work with you to submit your courses for quick and easy evaluation.
Online RN to BSN Program Transcript Request
If you are considering our Online RN to BSN program, and have credit from another higher education institution outside Galen that you’d like us to review for transfer, we’ll be happy to help you secure your transcripts from one or multiple institutions. Just fill out the form by clicking on the Transcript Request button below.
If you are interested in one of Galen’s ground campus programs, please speak with your Admissions Representative to initiate transcript evaluation or if you have questions about transfer credit.
- Minimum residency for the RN to BSN program is established at 30 credits
- Upon full admission into the RN-to-BSN program, the student will be awarded 40 semester credits for prior learning for licensure as a registered nurse.
- Applicants must submit an official transcript during the admission process, and credit is awarded upon admission to the program.
- Transfer of General Education Credit - Required courses (or equivalents) are identified from each of the following core areas: science, social science, mathematics, humanities, and communications. Students must transfer in Human Anatomy & Physiology I with lab and Statistics. Students must also complete the required courses (or equivalents) for each of the core areas. Students may transfer in up to the maximum credit shown in each area; however, the total credits in the Liberal Arts/General Education Core may not exceed 45 of the 120 semester credits required for the Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree.
Transfer Nursing Credit
- A maximum of six (6) hours of core nursing credit may be transferred in from another approved BSN program given that:
- the hours are from equivalent courses as listed in the core
- the course was completed within the past five (5) years, and
- the student earned a C or above in the course. Transfer credit will not be accepted for NUR300 or NUR480
GAINFUL EMPLOYMENT DISCLOSURE
For more information about our graduation rates, median debt of students who completed our programs, and other important information, please click here.