Have a Question?
Online RN to BSN Student Testimonals
- You have work, you have family and you’re trying to balance it all out—but the constant “you can do this”, made me get through. --Shannon B.
- I graduated with my RN in 1989 and going back to school after 30 years is very intimidating, but I have had nothing but support. Of course it comes down to willingness on your end, but it’s also about the support you get and I have seen nothing but that. To younger generations, I would say, if I can do it at 52, then at your age – no problem. It has been great. --Melody D.
- You don’t feel a disconnect. Important to feel like you’re not just a number. –Gregory F.
- The instructors are really dedicated and really good about making sure you understand. --Valerie S.
- They helped me understand what I didn’t. You have multiple ways to reach them. You can call them, set up a time to video conference or email. –Cynthia B.
- They really do care and want to make sure that you understand. They know you already have your RN and they respect that. They respect what you have already learned and want to build on that foundation. --Melody D.
- One of the biggest positives is the faculty. I have had a teacher talk to me on the phone for an hour to make sure I had everything I needed. –Gregory F.
- I can’t say enough about the faculty. It doesn’t matter what the question is, they are always there. –Shannon B.
- You know what you need to do before you even have to think about it. They send you an email and direct you on what you need and that makes a huge difference. –Valerie S.
- My Enrollment Counselor was available morning and night it seemed. Always helped me. If I needed something with Financial Aid, he gave me a number of people to talk to and lined it all up for me. It was effortless with him by my side. –Gregory F.
- The first person I came in contact with was very personable, very nice—and informative and straightforward. Did not try to sugar coat or fluff up what it was. From financials all the way to courses--they made getting started easy, less intimidating. –Melody D.
STUDENT SUPPORT LIAISONS
- They are awesome. Literally there the whole program. Half way through, I got an email congratulating me on how far I’d come and that they’d be looking at grades for mid-term so if you are having a problem, give me a call. – Cynthia B.
- The advisors email you almost weekly to see if you need anything. You don’t realize how important that is beforehand. They send reminders, study tips--it’s like a support system to push and motivate you. It makes a difference knowing that if you have a question, there is someone who can help and you know who to call. –Valerie S.
- They definitely have a good support system there. My Student Success Liaison has gotten me through a lot. I even email her and said, ‘Without you, I wouldn’t be ok.’ She is very quick. I email her at night sometimes and don’t expect a response until morning, but she will respond right back. She is wonderful. –Anjeanette F.
INTERACTIVE, ENGAGING COURSES
- I really enjoyed the interactive media aspect of the coursework. It is not just text and PowerPoint. The interactive content was awesome and one of my favorite aspects of the program. –Gregory F.
- Galen is on a totally different level—the way you deliver your program and get your students learning in a different way. When I talk to others and look at what they are doing in classes – I can see the difference. –Melody D.
- With Galen, I love the videos and interactive modules and all that—they are great and very helpful. I don’t like to read a lot so with the interactive modules, I learned a lot better. –Victoria
- All the videos and graphics break things up, help you digest each module and make it easier to understand. --Cynthia B.
CONVENIENT AND FLEXIBLE
- You have options. I am taking two classes at a time to get it done sooner. A girl I work with is doing it slower so she doesn’t feel bombarded. –Anjeanette F.
- Going into the program can be overwhelming if you’re a mom and have a full-time job and trying to work a BSN in there. I take it with me where I need to. –Cynthia B.
- You can get your work done wherever possible. –Victoria M.
DEDICATED SOLELY TO NURSING EDUCATION
- That is one of the things I love about Galen, that it is completely focused on nursing and your instructors have been nurses working in the field and it is easier to communicate things. They have a sense of what you have been through because they have been through it themselves. –Victoria M.
- At the end of the day, you want to feel like a part of what everyone is committed to that keeps you there. –Gregory F.
- This has completely changed my life. The program changed the way I write, talk and think--how I speak to patients, families and healthcare teams. I am more professional in my communication. I have an increased scope of influence as a leader even though my job never changed. I was surprised to be nominated for nurse of the year. I have worked there for 7 years and never been nominated. I can see a change in me as a result of my education. My supervisor can see a change. Before I started the program, I thought, I have been a nurse for 6 years--what are you going to teach me? I learned a lot. I am more professionally awake and aware, more confident. --Melody D.